Inert coatings for components of chromatographic systems
Plasmacentre Company has developed chemically inert coating SilcoPateks (Fig.1), applied by PACVD, which is the closest analogue of inert coatings created by the specialists of Agilent Technology, Restek, Entech Instruments, SilcoTec (Fig. 2). Inert coatings are used in analytical equipment of many world manufacturers, for example, in devices for thermal desorption of Markes International, PerkinElmer, Shimadzu and others.
Picture. 1. Components with inert coating SilcoPateks from «Plasmacentre» Ltd.
The purpose of the coating is to ensure inertness of surfaces of metal components located in the path of the samples in chromatographic processes to reduce detection limits and reliable quantification of active substances. Inertness of surfaces of the components in contact with the samples enables reaching detection limits for specified substances at the level of billion and trillions in accordance with modern analytical requirements.
The actual use of components with inert surface properties is related to:
- tightening of detection limits of substances in active and complex samples by supervision authorities;
- exclusion of surface layer activity, adsorption and degradation of analytes at the surface of phase interface;
- exclusion of repeated measurements or rechecking of doubtful measurement results, leading to time costs, decrease in productivity, deterioration of final indicators;
- lack of sufficient amount of test substance for repeated samples, need to obtain result of analysis of perishable samples in small amounts quickly and accurately;
- catastrophic consequences associated with unreliable results in relation to environmental safety, food quality and criminal tasks.
Components of chromatographic systems with inert coating from companies
- Аpplication of chemically inert coatings
- Application of coatings of parts of gas analyzers
- Application of coatings of products and parts of analytical equipment
- Application of coatings on chromatographs
- Application of coatings on inner surface of tubes
- Application of coating similar to SilcoTec coating