Application of coatings
- electric arc surfacing with powder and wire materials, in shielding gas, under flux;
- plasma surfacing;
- gas-thermal spraying of coatings (gas-flame, electric arc, plasma, detonation, high-speed);
- cold gas-dynamic spraying of protective coatings;
- electrospark application of decorative coatings;
- processes PVD and CVD deposition of coatings from gas phase;
- finishing plasma hardening.
The purpose of applying coatings on metal surfaces
- hardening of parts to prevent their destruction under exposure of the environment, contact interaction with the coupled part or combined effect of these factors;
- creation of functional properties of the surface;
- changing shape of the product and restoring it, increasing surface damaged during operation;
- creating decorative coating with certain visual qualities.
Designation of coatings
1. Wear-resistant opposing:
- wear by grasping;
- abrasive wear;
- fatigue wear;
- due to dispersion;
- fretting corrosion;
- cavitation wear;
- erosion wear.
2. High temperature:
- resistant in metallic melts;
- resistant to oxidation;
- stable in aggressive gas environments;
3. Corrosion-resistant for various media:
- air environment;
- water and aqueous solutions.
4. Electrical conductive
5. Electrical insulating
6. Bioactive and bactericidal
8. To restore dimensions of worn and defective parts
9. With special properties (magnetic, optical, for shielding radio interference, etc.)
10. Technological (for example, coatings for soldering).
The thickness of spraying of metal coatings — from nanometers to tens of millimeters. Coating materials: based on Fe, Cu, Ni, Co, carbides, nitrides, borides, oxides, composite, multicomponent, mineral, etc.